Grant Writing History
J. William McFarland, Jr. is an Alabama native and resident. He holds Grant Proposal Writing Certification from Fort Hayes State University and reviews grants for Southeast Missouri State University’s Douglas C. Greene Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Throughout his career, he has successfully authored over $5 million in awarded grant proposals from the following agencies and organizations:
- The United States Department of Homeland Security
- The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- The United States Department of the Interior
- The United States Department of Justice
- The United States Department of Labor
- The Appalachian Regional Commission
- The Delta Regional Authority
- The Alabama Department of Economic & Community Affairs
- The University of West Alabama Division of Educational Outreach
- The Alabama Civil Justice Foundation
- The Community Foundation of West Alabama
- The Compass Bank Foundation
- The Daniel Foundation of Alabama
Boards and Associations
Mr. McFarland serves on a variety of boards and associations, including the Southern Rail Commission (by appointment of the Governor of Alabama), the Tuscaloosa Children’s Center, the Pickensville Rosenwald School Community Center Council, and the Finance and Granting Committee of Region III Council of the Governor’s Office of Workforce Development. Mr. McFarland also serves as an appointed member of the Technical Coordinating Committee for the Tuscaloosa Metropolitan Planning Organization. Mr. McFarland has completed the economic development certification course of the Auburn University Economic and Community Development Institute, and holds the AIDT Certified Leader I designation. Mr. McFarland is also a 2011 graduate of the Delta Regional Authority Leadership Institute Executive Academy.
McFarland Consultants seek to improve the quality of life in Alabama by facilitating effective research, writing, advocacy, and grant project development for our clients. Our goal is to provide our clients with the most comprehensive one-stop center for their grant project needs.